Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Salem Fields / HB Archery Club Building

From Malcolm Kneale

Saturday, 14 July 2018

I see there is building work going on in Salem Fields / HB Archery Club.

It looks quite a substantial building.  I’m wondering if anyone knows what they are building?

I walk past the field numerous times a day but I have never seen any planning notification about the building. 

From Andy M

Monday, 16 July 2018

New clubhouse?

See this council web page

From Lewis Vardy

Thursday, 19 July 2018

Yes, its a new club house, the archery club are building. 

Apparently, a planning notification sign did go up on the 22.1.2017 but I’ve yet to speak to anyone who saw it. 

The whole planning application seems to have gone through very quickly & quietly without consulting any of the local community & when you see the plans for the proposed building you can see why, a breeze block metal sheet roof construction more at home on an industrial park than this beautiful valley. 

From J. Wetton

Friday, 20 July 2018

I live near Salem Field and cross Hollins bridge several times a week and never saw a planning permission proposal form. I haven't spoken to anyone who saw it either. I am distressed to learn that it is to be a breeze block building with a metal roof in our beautiful valley and am writing to the planning office about this.  I urge others to do likewise.

From Andy M

Sunday, 22 July 2018

It's true that the current building/s on Salem Field have little aesthetic merit but, sadly, any building on the site needs to be vandal-proof, hence the utilitarian appearance. 

From Mark W

Monday, 23 July 2018

I'm more concerned about the collection of 'lean to's' appearing just passed the Cricket fields at Salem. Do they need planning permission?

What worries me especially is the barbed wire going round the site at about 3ft high; have a look and see what you think.