Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

The Little Park/Waterside Fold

From Paul M

Monday, 14 January 2019

Well neighbours, here we are again, the previous developer walked away and now a new developer has taken it up and intends to proceed.  

The building development is one thing, but he says he owns 5 parking spaces on Waterside Fold and intends allocating them to new owners in the development. However, our deeds expressly say that we, the property owners, have continued use of the spaces for visitors to our property, and we have to continue (as we always have done) to share the cost of maintenance.

The developer also wants to occupy some 60 square metres of the fold for his builders' compound and tower crane, not to mention lorry access for material deliveries.   

The residents of Waterside Fold are, for the most part, retired and elderly. We are trying to raise funds for legal advice. If you think you might be able to help, please see this website.

From Pedro de Wit

Tuesday, 15 January 2019

When will this ever stop?

Again a developer steps in with plans to develop this unsuitable site. It is a site with no parking and no outside space, and strictly speaking, no access. The only way to access this area is by taking down the wall that protects the houses on Waterside Fold from flooding. 

Obviously, this latest developer thinks he can solve the parking issue by claiming spaces that are not his!  Unfortunately, since Waterside Fold is a private road access and parking are legal issues between residents and developers. Residents have to fight the battle alone, which is impossible if you don't have sufficient funds and/or detailed knowledge about planning laws.

In my opinion, the council should have put a stop to these plans a long time ago as it increases the flood risk for Hebden Bridge centre. These latest plans don't address this flood risk. I wish the residents therefore the best of luck with this battle. Ideally, the site should be kept clear and the platform over the river demolished as this will significantly improve the flow of the river and reduce the flood risk.

Paul, thanks for pointing us to the website and I hope you reach your £800 target

From Graham Barker

Tuesday, 15 January 2019

The tactics sound very familiar. No names have been mentioned yet but could it be that the new developer is the old developer operating under a different identity?

From Chris Barnett

Tuesday, 15 January 2019

I thought this ludicrous development might have finally given up and gone away, but obviously not..... 

On the face of it, the developer's claim of ownership of parking spaces and the right to build a site compound on Waterside Fold should be easy to refute, but it sounds as if the deeds might not be straightforward.

Paul, can you let us know who the developer is please - we need to know who is behind this nonsense.

From Chris Barnett

Wednesday, 16 January 2019

A few more thoughts on this matter:

• It seems very odd that the developers now say they own 5 parking spaces in Waterside Fold: why on earth didn't any of the planning applications mention this? Either ownership of part of the land has changed since the last application, or the current developer is lying, or the planning application contained false information. Which is it? (I'm assuming that the 5 parking spaces are the same bit of land as the 60 sq.m site compound area).
  • I think Graham is probably right: I can't see how any self-respecting developer would have wasted good money on buying this site from Bradby, and this 'new' developer is most likely Bradby in yet another disguise.
  • The issue of ownership and access rights to Waterside Fold has always seemed a bit vague to me. I think it is imperative that the residents get the legal status confirmed as a matter of urgency.
  • Now that the platform over the river has been completely removed, how will the developer get access to the site? Will they build a temporary or permanent bridge? Or will they use the playground for access?
  • At the risk of sounding like a scratched record, use of part of the playground and access across it are both going to be essential for this development to get built. I'm not going to go into details (again) now, but I think we need at least one of our Councillors to reassure us all about the future of the playground

From Pedro de Wit

Friday, 18 January 2019

Looking at the planning application documents and the permit the council gave to KLA Builders, Mr Iain Crouch (Application No: 16/00781/FUL WARD: 02) permission seems to have been granted with the understanding that there is no parking with these new properties.

Point 10 says: The development shall not be brought into use until 'no parking' signage has been installed along the frontage wall to Waterside Fold in accordance with details which shall first have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The signage so approved shall be installed prior to the first occupation of the dwellings and  thereafter retained.   

Point 11 says. Notwithstanding the details shown on the approved plans, the development shall not be occupied until details of cycle parking have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The approved details shall be installed on the site before the first use commences and so retained thereafter. 

If you read the document it is clear that the council gave permissions for a development without car parking spaces because the development is close walking distance to the centre and public transport and cycle parking will be provided.
I would think that adding car parking spaces is not in line with the approved application

From Jan Scott

Saturday, 19 January 2019

Kla Contracting Ltd was dissolved last year. See this web page - you'll see the name Bradby there. I'm guessing I'm not the first person to spot this. 

Previously

HebWeb Forum Bridge next to Waterside Fold (July-Aug 2018)

HebWeb Forum Development next to Little Park (March 2016)

HebWeb Forum Closure of Little Park (October 2015 - Feb 2016)