Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Thank you to fell runners

From Arla R

Saturday, 18 January 2020

I was out taking a quiet walk this morning, so was kind of unimpressed to find myself in the middle of a fell running race on narrow paths near Heptonstall.  However, when I fell crossing a paved yard two of them stopped to see I was OK, and one helped me up, despite they would have been losing precious time in their race.

I don't know if they were local, or how to contact anyone to pass on my thanks for their assistance, but I hope someone in the race sees this and can either tell me where I can usefully leave a message (I'm not on Facebook) or pass on this me ssage to those in the race.

I am absolutely fine - I landed on the back of my shoulder and my head didn't hit the ground, nor did I take any weight on my wrist or arm.  Lucky, and also lucky to be surrounded by the runners at that point.

Thank you.

From Ms. P. Finch

Sunday, 19 January 2020

Also thank you to the fell runners for their regular & entertaining columns in the local paper. It never ceases to amaze me that they run in such challenging conditions. I have followed their dramas and achievements with interest over several years.

(In memory of Chris Drinkwater - a dear friend now gone.)