Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

The Hare & Hounds

From Mark H

Saturday, 3 October 2020

I'm sure I won't be alone in saying thank you to Jeanette and Dave Hill as they leave the Hare and Hounds this weekend.

For most of the last 19 years they have raised a family, dogs, chickens, pigs and the spirits of the community. The pub has been a favourite of many of us, drawn by Dave's hilarious jokes and Jeanette's unfailing welcome.

Some of the best pub food you'll find, and splendid beer. Quiz nights, live bands and legendary New Year's Eve parties. Pub walks, charity events and fell races have all brought a focus to life in Old Town and wider Hebden.

Good luck, Dave and Jeanette, and thanks.

From George Murphy

Tuesday, 6 October 2020

I agree with Mark. Many a time I've enjoyed an evening up at 'Lane Ends' with my son and thought how congenial it was because of Dave and Jeanette. On cold winter evenings, or warm summer days, with the lovely views across the hills, it was hard to beat.

From Dave Hannay

Wednesday, 7 October 2020

Thanks to Jeanette and Dave for the many years of hard work running the Hare and Hounds in Old Town. Much appreciated is their contribution to the community spirit of the local area. Good luck in the future!