Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

More grumpiness

From Gillian M H

Monday, 31 May 2021

It was with delight that I saw the weather forecast last Saturday - that the last few weeks of wintriness were easing and a sunny day had arrived at last.

I took my sun lounger and stiff drink (don't judge me) into the garden and settled down for some much needed relaxation and rays. Sadly, it didn't take long for this little avenue of pleasure to be snuffed out.

Maybe it's just me, but the hours of drumming that echoed along the valley at the weekend almost finished me off. I enjoy a marching band as much as the next person - I was even a drum majorette in a former life - but the clue is in the description - they march past you. This was hours of the same inescapable and repetitive beat practised over and over again, to the point where it was so drilled into my head that I could probably join in with them next time.

I understand that outdoor rehearsals are probably a necessity of lockdown, but that doesn't stop it being an annoyance for those of us who want to enjoy a rare moment of sunshine outside.