Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Recycling mess

From Sally B

Sunday, 1 August 2021

I completely understand that there are delays to the recycling collections because of the virus and the pingdemic. But surely, given our vast strides forward in modern technology, it's not beyond Calderdale to let us know what is going on. The area where I live looks terrible with all the recycling uncollected from the streets in front of terraced houses, especialy after the recent rain.

Could the Council not use WhatsApp, Twitter or their website to better inform residents about when and which day exactly they are able to complete collections! It seems that every week, they are arriving 1-2 days later thanstated.

This week, it's 4-5 days already so I guess we may have to wait until the allotted day comes round again. But who knows? Come on Calderdale, let's have some communication about which day your team is going to collect recycling from our streets.

From Jan Scott

Monday, 2 August 2021

They do provide a system which seems to work pretty well. Sign up for emails here 

From Sally B

Sunday, 29 August 2021

Thanks for the suggestion Jan which I tried. It didn't work. They just send me the same message every week before my supposed collection date. No collection again this past week. And next week's will be delayed anyway because of the bank holiday. Clearly, I don't blame those who do the collections as they work very hard for basic pay. And I realise that virus-related absences makes it hard for work to be completed. However, surely it is not beyond the skills of those in management to organise effective communications - Twitter, website, text - so that we know when a collection is actually going to take place. The alternative is untidy streets with boxes of overflowing rubbish and disintegrating cardboard.