Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Craig Whittaker

From L Mackay

Sunday, 27 February 2022

It is interesting that Craig Whittaker (as I learned from the news item on Hebweb which directed me to the Spectator) has been sacked from his job in the Whips Office (along with the others) and that he is also being investigated by the Standards Committee.  This is a far cry from the 'puff' article  on Craig Whittaker's work load appearing in the Hebden Bridge Times last week.  It is interesting too that I could find nothing in the Yorkshire Post or Halifax Courier reflecting what must be common knowledge in Westminster.  

From Chris Barnett

Tuesday, 1 March 2022

I understand that our delightful MP received Russian donations of £5k in 2018. Probably no point in most of us writing to him to complain (since he takes no notice of those who aren't likely to vote for him), but anyone of a Tory persuasion should perhaps remember this when the next General Election takes place.

(According to the Electoral Commission, in 2014, Craig Whittaker received £5K from Offshore Group Newcastle Ltd owned at the time by Russian oligarchs - Editor)

From Jae Evans

Thursday, 14 April 2022

It appears that Calder Valley MP, Craig Whittaker, has spoken publicly about his belief that the PM should resign: although he hasn't put his pen where his mealy-mouthed comments come from - Why?

Agh, don't tell me that there is ''A war on'', or that, ''There are far more 'important' things to deal with right now'' - when aren't there!

''We cannot have a leadership challenge when we are in the middle of a war.'' Rubbish. Didn't the Tory PM, Chamberlain, have the decency to step down in 1940, when Labour and Liberal members refused to serve with him in a coalition after his disastrous visit to see Hitler? Well there you go . . .

From Reebi C

Wednesday, 4 May 2022

Response from Craig Whittaker when I asked what his 'party' (sic) were doing about the Ukrainian crisis:

"I genuinely thought the hilarious and pathetic 'Leftie Mistruths' you start off with, doesn't even warrant a serious reply when all the information you require is well documented already"

This was a cut and paste of his response and not doctored.

Admittedly I did start my email with the following"

"Mr Whittaker, I know this is probably not the best time for you having been sacked from the Whips Office and undergoing an investigation by the Standards Committee."