Ryburne

Share this page

Small ads

Local election hustings

From Holly R

Monday, 27 March 2023

I'd like to propose we run a hustings for our local council candidates ahead of the May elections. This would create a space for public debate and may elucidate some of the major challenges/opportunities and benefits around regulating AirBnBs in our area. I'd welcome others help and obvously welcome residents from all sides of the debate to attend. This would at least get this issue on the agenda. What do you think?

From Sally K

Friday, 31 March 2023

Not long before our Labour councillors start seeking our votes again, for the May elections. But where have they been? When was the last time one of them responded to messages posted here? In particular, to the serious questions which have been posted about the awful Victoria Road Flats development. Nor about AirBnB. None of them have had the courtesy to respond. Not the Calderdale councillors. Nor the Town councillors. So why on earth should we vote for them?

From Jae E

Saturday, 1 April 2023

Sally K., That's a good question and one which I hope you have already answered? Have just received an invitation via letterbox to meet my new Luddendenfoot councillor (sorry full name escapes me - Kimber?):Let's meet for ''tea and cake'' at the Good Shepherd church in Mytholmroyd, 2.30 April 13th, apparently replacing Roisin Cavanagh whom I never met.

Re:ID while voting for the spurious reasons ''to prevent fraud '' you have options there too!