Calrec's hikers raise over £9,000 for Overgate Hospice
Thursday, 23 December 2021
Hebden Bridge-based audio broadcast manufacturer Calrec has raised over £9,000 for local charity Overgate Hospice.
As part of its commitment to support local charities, Calrec has been fundraising for Overgate Hospice throughout 2021. The team raised £9,360 (including Gift Aid) with a series of fundraising activities including the Yorkshire Three Peaks challenge, the Overgate Christmas Jumper Day, a Christmas Raffle, charity bike sale and sponsorship of Overgate's Christmas Diary.
The main fundraising event took place in August when Calrec's team of adventure seekers hiked the Yorkshire Three Peaks of Pen-y-ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough - a gruelling 24.5-mile and 1,585m ascent - in under 12 hours. The team comprised of staff from across the organisation, including Product Development, Production, Support, Sales, Marketing and the Senior Management Team.
Sid Stanley, General Manager at Calrec said, "I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who has donated and to the team at Calrec for helping to raise some much-needed funds for Overgate Hospice, Calrec's chosen charity. Calrec's fundraising efforts and the Three Peaks challenge was no easy feat, so it's great to see everyone come together to give back to the local community and raise such a large amount for a very worthy cause."
Overgate Hospice aims to improve the quality of life for adults in Calderdale with a life-limiting illness. Becki Marren, Business Partnerships Manager at Overgate Hospice said, "We are so lucky to have local supportive businesses within the community like Calrec Audio. They have been so committed to supporting the Hospice throughout the year raising funds through there incredible fundraising efforts. I want to thank everyone involved, you are all amazing and your efforts allows us to provide our specialist care to our patients and families in their time of need."
Calrec is a leading designer and supplier of audio broadcast mixing equipment relied on by the world's most successful broadcasters. All Calrec products are designed, manufactured and tested at Calrec's Nutclough Mill headquarters in Hebden Bridge. From customer research and R&D to production and testing, every element of product development is in-house. As the broadcast industry adapts to new viewing habits and evolving commercial environments, Calrec is helping broadcasters to stay ahead as they switch to IP infrastructures; to achieve efficiency with remote broadcasting and to save money with virtual production. For more information, visit: Calrec.com
Calrec are hoping the money will go towards maintaining some of the following essential facilities and services that Overgate Hospice provide:
- £550 means the hospice can care for one person per day on their Inpatient Unit.
- £1,000 could pay for two weeks of bereavement and family support, providing both emotional and psychological support, to relatives of patients who are known to the hospice that have recently died, but who are unable to travel into the hospice to receive counselling.
- £1,000 could pay for all catering costs in the Hospice for a week providing nutritious home cooked meals for patients.
- £1,515 could pay for a new chair for patients on the Inpatient Unit giving as much comfort as possible to patients who are spending their last days in their care.
- £1,600 would pay for a new mattress for the Inpatient Unit. These mattresses provide comfort and support to extremely poorly patients, giving them the dignity, they deserve.
- £6,800 per year to pay for the upkeep of our beautiful and tranquil gardens.
- £9,800 per day is required to run all services.
There is still time to support the team at Calrec and Overgate Hospice. To make a donation, visit:Justgiving.com/fundraising/calrec3peaks