Ginger genius and Asian Fusion at the Trades
Tuesday, 22 June 2010
Northern Soul legend Ginger Taylor will be making the short trip from Todmorden to spin floor-filling classics at the Trades Club on Friday 25 July.
Ginger is one of time greats of the enduring Northern Soul movement that began at the legendary Wigan Casino but since then he has been one of the leading lights keeping the flame alive for fans of some of the greatest dance record ever made.
West Yorkshire remains a bastion of Northern Soul so fans of all ages are expected to converge on Hebden to see one of the scene’s all time greats at work guaranteeing a packed dance floor all night.
In total contrast on Saturday 26 June it’s the first of the club’s collaborations with the Hebden Bridge Arts Festival when British Asian fusion giants Kissmet hit the valley.
Fronted by UK born Sikh brothers. They are an East/West band at the forefront of the fusion scene throwing in elements of bhangra, rock and classical Indian rags to create their own unique brand of Anglo Indian vibes.
"Ginger Taylor is a genuine Northern Soul legend so it’s a real privilege to have him play a gig in his own backyard and our sprung dance floor is perfect for the spectacular and acrobatic Northern dance moves," Trades Club spokesperson Paul Clarke told the Hebden Bridge Web.
"The Trades is a huge supporter of the Arts Festival and this year we are hosting a record number of events for them so we’re delighted to kick off with Kissmet who are the undoubted kings of Anglo Indian fusion."
More info from 01422 845265 or Trades Club Box Office
Previously on HebWeb
- Troubadours, folk and blues at the Trades
- Football and Jazz and at the Trades
- Manchester superclub comes to Hebden Bridge
- Dub, witches, double guitarist and Po’Girl play the Trades
- Jesca Hoop, Mabel Blue and all that jazz at the Trades
- Lunasa: from Obama’s White House to Hebden Bridge
- Election Night, Quiz, local bands and benefit for Project X
- Cabaret and Dirty Fakirs at the Trades
- Martin Stephenson, Rhythmbridge, World Music and more at the Trades
- Grumpy old Christian and more at the Trades
- Outer Zeds Haiti Benefit, Bridget St. John, Reggae and more at the Trades
- Angels and more at the Trades
- Chumbawamba, Hazel O’Connor and more at the Trades
- Andy Sheppard at the Trades
- It’s Cool for Cats at the Trades
- Sunfish, Fay Hield, Chris Lynam, Bethany Black and Quiz at the Trades
- Back Into the Valley for top DJs
- Out on the Floor at the Trades Club
- Maghribibeat, quiz night, Palestinian evening and book launch at the Trades
- Haiti benefit at the Trades
- The Beat, Nancy Elizabeth and Love Music Hate Racism fundraiser
- Dread Dub at the Trades
- Nothing to Declare at the Trades Club
See more Trades Club events
- as they appeared on Hebden Bridge Web