Arts Festival needs your undies
Monday, 29 April 2013
Hebden Bridge Arts Festival are working with schools and community groups to recycle old undies into fun and funky wonderwear.
Budding artists will be creating their own Wonderwear designs on the undies to be used as part of a community art project producing washing line style bunting for the streets of Hebden.
Dodnaze residents have already been working with artist Jude Wadley crafting their own Wonderwear creations that will soon be fluttering in the wind when the festival opens on June 22.
"We were looking for a green and fun way to decorate our streets during the festival so we thought why ask people to donate their old undies and we'll take anything, but they have to be clean!," says Festival Director Helen Meller.
"There will also be a drop-in workshops for those who want to try their hand at embellishing donated undies to create avant garde Wonderwear that will some much needed colour to our streets. The team at Dodnaze have certainly worked hard setting a high standard."
The festival team are looking for big Underpants, vests, longjohns, petticoats, slips, corsets, girdles, bras, thermal underwear, baby vests, onesies and vintage items are especially welcome.
Donations can be dropped off at Hebden Bridge Town Hall 10-4 Monday to Saturday and look out for Wonderwear bunting during the festival.
For more information about Wonderwear go to the Festival website
Previously, the Festival on the HebWeb
- HebWeb News: Hebden Bridge Monopoly Board (23 April 2013)
- HebWeb News: Outdoor fun: local creative talent wanted (10 April 2013)
- HebWeb News: Trades Club Entertainment manager Mal Campbell joins Festival team (8 March 2013)
- HebWeb News:Budding playwrights needed for Hebden Shorts (23 Feb 2013)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival 2013: first act to be announced is comedian Daniel Kitson (18 Feb 2013)
- HebWeb News: Record turnout for Arts Festival open meeting (Nov 2012)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival is looking for your memories (7 Nov)
- HebWeb News: New faces at Arts Festival (22 Oct)
- HebWeb News: Festival and Parade team up for 'sensational afternoon' next year (25 Sept)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival seeks new board members (18 Sept)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival is over (12 July)
- HebWeb News: Carnival weekend in Hebden (3 July)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival and Handmade Parade hit the sunny streets of Hebden (27 June)
- HebWeb News: The girls are back in town! (20 June)
- HebWeb News: Festival Box Office opens Saturday 16th June
- HebWeb News: Dance weekend to kick off Arts festival
- HebWeb News: Festival Programme launched: Matisse and Stewart Lee headline
- HebWeb News: Hebden Bridge Fringe Programme launched
- HebWeb News: Countdown to Arts Festival