Eco-Fair at the Town Hall
Saturday, 9 September 2023
The Hebden Bridge Pumpkin Trail is back and with it Hebden Royd Town Council's first ever Eco-Fair! The event will take place from 10-4pm, over the weekend of 14-15 October, in the Waterfront Hall, Hebden Bridge Town Hall.
Designed to complement the already successful Pumpkin Trail and its theme of Climate & Habitat, the eco fair will facilitate action, innovation and community bonding, a broad range of local organisations, charities, businesses, and individuals will be delivering climate-related immersive community engagement experiences, focusing on transport, energy, food, waste, biodiversity, arts engagement, and youth. The event is open to all ages and backgrounds, so bring your family and friends along for a day of eco-conscious fun and inspiration.
During the weekend you will be able to:
- Learn all about the world of retrofit, sustainable energy and energy-saving solutions via presentations and exhibits delivered by BEAT, Calderdale Green New Deal, and Retrofit Calderdale Green New Deal.
- Give your tired or broken everyday items a fresh lease on life with the Mytholmroyd Repair Cafe. Join Oxfam for a creative upcycling session, where you can transform odds and ends into chic accessories and jewellery.
- Explore sustainable household products and gain valuable insights into plastic waste reduction by visiting stalls run by the Women's Institute and the local food staple provider, Weightsted.
- Engage with Fair Share & Calder Food Support in their mission to promote affordable, sustainable food. Gain insights from Calder Food Trust and Grow and Graze on sustainable food practices.
- Discover local nature conservation opportunities at Brearly Fields, High Hirst Woodmeadow, and Hardcastle Craggs. Join Calder Rivers Trust in safeguarding rivers and the environment or delve into the vital role of trees in our area with Forus Trees.
- Get involved with local sustainable transport groups, including the Mytholmroyd Station Partnership and The Local Motive/Station House.
- Have fun with climate emergency games courtesy of Sand in Your Eye.
- Show your support for sustainability with ceramics crafted from wild clay and learn about wildlife gardening.: Shop for recycled cotton yarn jewellery and eco-friendly products from local artisans.
- Discover eco-friendly joinery and carpentry creations. Meet Viking Greenscapes, tree surgeons with a strong focus on sustainability.
Visit the Eco-Fair. Together, we can change the world.
For further information, please contact Hebden Royd Town Council by email or telephone - 01422 842181.
We try to make sure that information on the Hebden Bridge Web is correct, but if you are aware of any errors or omissions, please email us.
If you have comments on HebWeb News or Features please make a contribution to our Discussion Forum