Monday, 17 June 2013
Arts Festival sets new record for sell out events
Hebden Bridge Arts Festival has set a new record with four sold out gigs a week before festivities kick off on June 22.
This is an unprecedented number of events sold out by this point but tickets for punk poet John Cooper Clarke, cult comic Daniel Kitson, I Am Kloot’s John Bramwell and rising stars British Service Broadcasting have all been snapped up.
Now organisers are warning that other events are getting very close to capacity.
“Usually at this stage only the odd event has sold out, but to have two full houses at the Picture House and two more at the Trades is a huge achievement showing that the programme has really grabbed the imagination of local people,” says Artistic Director Helen Meller.
“We have had people from all the country booking tickets, but the vast majority of sales have been to locals, so we wanted to warn them there are only limited tickets left for Tracey Thorn, June Tabor, ex-Labour MP Chris Mullin on Thatcher's legacy and children’s show the Time Travelling Magicians.
“These are tough economic times so as our way of thanking everyone for their support we hope local people will join us for the free Street Sundaes event on June 23 and 30 where some of our very own homegrown talent and some of the UK’s best street entertainers will be putting on shows all afternoon from 12 noon until 4pm."
To buy tickets pop into the Festival Box Office in the Town Hall every day from 10am to 4pm (mon-Sat) and 12pm-.4pm (Sunday) or go to www.wegottickets.co.uk.
Previously, the Festival on the HebWeb
- HebWeb News: Youth Explosion at Arts Festival (4 June 2013)
- HebWeb News: Visual Artists wanted for miniature instant portrait studio (24 May 2013)
- HebWeb News: John Cooper Clarke, Tracey Thorn and June Tabor headline Hebden Bridge Arts Festival (19 May 2013)
- HebWeb News: Chris Mullins to talk about Margaret Thatcher (13 May 2013)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival programme launch details (7 May 2013)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival needs your undies (29 April 2013)
- HebWeb News: Hebden Bridge Monopoly Board (23 April 2013)
- HebWeb News: Outdoor fun: local creative talent wanted (10 April 2013)
- HebWeb News: Trades Club Entertainment manager Mal Campbell joins Festival team (8 March 2013)
- HebWeb News:Budding playwrights needed for Hebden Shorts (23 Feb 2013)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival 2013: first act to be announced is comedian Daniel Kitson (18 Feb 2013)
- HebWeb News: Record turnout for Arts Festival open meeting (Nov 2012)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival is looking for your memories (7 Nov)
- HebWeb News: New faces at Arts Festival (22 Oct)
- HebWeb News: Festival and Parade team up for 'sensational afternoon' next year (25 Sept)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival seeks new board members (18 Sept)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival 2012 is over (12 July)