Sunday, 21 July 2013
Festival Board thanks Festival volunteers, and the HebWeb
The Hebden Bridge Arts Festival have been in touch to thank all their volunteers and Hebweb for supporting their nine day programme.
The festival's band of volunteers were on hand before the festival selling tickets to local people at a series of pop up box offices resulting in a record number of sold out events.
"That all our events in many different venues passed off without major incident is due to the hard work the volunteers put in to make sure our customers had a great and safe time," says Artistic Director Helen Meller.
"We also introduced three new sites for the Street Sundaes events which typically our volunteers took in their stride managing large crowds and collecting contributions. There is no doubt in our minds that without their support the festival would simply not happen, and we wanted to thank them as too often service to our community is never publicly acknowledged."
The Festival Board also thanked the Hebweb for its extensive coverage before, during and after the festival which they know from feedback helped raise awareness of all their events. "Board members were clear that the support of the community website was critical and this year Hebweb really did the festival proud."
You can still have time to influence next year's festival by filling in a Hebden Bridge Arts Festival questionnaire
Previously, the Festival on the HebWeb
- HebWeb News: Latest from the Festival (26 June 2013)
- HebWeb News: The Alcohol Years: Carol Morley interview by Paul Clarke (23 June 2013)
- HebWeb News: Street Sundaes: come rain or shine! (20 June 2013)
- HebWeb News: June is coming to Hebden . . . finally (19 June 2013)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival sets new record for sell out events (17 June 2013)
- HebWeb News: Youth Explosion at Arts Festival (4 June 2013)
- HebWeb News: Visual Artists wanted for miniature instant portrait studio (24 May 2013)
- HebWeb News: John Cooper Clarke, Tracey Thorn and June Tabor headline Hebden Bridge Arts Festival (19 May 2013)
- HebWeb News: Chris Mullins to talk about Margaret Thatcher (13 May 2013)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival programme launch details (7 May 2013)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival needs your undies (29 April 2013)
- HebWeb News: Hebden Bridge Monopoly Board (23 April 2013)
- HebWeb News: Outdoor fun: local creative talent wanted (10 April 2013)
- HebWeb News: Trades Club Entertainment manager Mal Campbell joins Festival team (8 March 2013)
- HebWeb News:Budding playwrights needed for Hebden Shorts (23 Feb 2013)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival 2013: first act to be announced is comedian Daniel Kitson (18 Feb 2013)
- HebWeb News: Record turnout for Arts Festival open meeting (Nov 2012)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival is looking for your memories (7 Nov)
- HebWeb News: New faces at Arts Festival (22 Oct)
- HebWeb News: Festival and Parade team up for 'sensational afternoon' next year (25 Sept)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival seeks new board members (18 Sept)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival 2012 is over (12 July)